Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Two Little Blue Lines...

Before them there was a subtle change in color on a strip of paper. And before that, you couldn't know for a couple months or so.

We hadn't be trying for long. We got married young so that we could enjoy each other's company; of course in the small town I grew up in, kids got married right out of high school. So, I guess we weren't so young compared to them. Still, we were both still in college.

And we'd always said we'd start trying in four to five years. Well, four years came and we weren't trying yet. So, I guess we just assumed we'd meant five years. And yet, five years came and we'd not started trying. So, there we were. After six years of marriage and several other friends having babies, it, finally, seemed like the right time.

I'm not sure I'm confident about what my wife and are are getting [have gotten] ourselves into. But, we're both excited. I have things that I worry about. After all, being just over five feet doesn't bode well for my kid being an athlete.

And, the idea of having a girl freaks me out. Having two sisters and watching my parents constantly massaging their backsides from the pain the girls were causing them makes me weary.

But, we are ecstatic nonetheless. So, at the suggestion of a good friend, I've started this blog to share our thoughts and ideas, as well as theories about parenting. As of now, I'm a hard liner that believes in old fashioned discipline and I want my kids to heel. Moreover, I'm excited to watch my theories be proven wrong over and over again. So, stick around and share any insights you might have.

-Pops

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yo Future Parental Units,

B and I love the new blog. (Luke is vulnerable, and who knew Janet was such a descriptive writer? I had no idea!) We have one question and one request:

1. What is a DINK?
2. Can you differentiate yourselves at the top of your entries? I think we figured out who wrote what, but it'd not always clear if it's Luke or Janet writing.

Also, I think you've created a new genre with many of your paragraphs: "Vomit-lit."

Your homey,

Cory